ANALYSIS of your Dream
Determine why you wish to sell your home.
What do you gain from selling? It’s important to determine what you wish to achieve by selling your home. Are family needs growing? Is it a downsizing move? Is it relocation or an improvement in living conditions? Start thinking about the answers to the following questions.
What is your dream? What would be the ideal situation once your property is sold?
What is your time frame for selling your home? Or, How do you visualize your life after the sale?
Working with a professional real estate agent can answer your questions. You can save money and time by working with a real estate professional, a REALTOR®, who can help focus your needs and set up an action plan.
A reasonable and realistic price will help create the possibility for a quick and successful sale. Be reasonable in setting the price of your home. In determining the market value for your home a real estate professional can provide valuable service. As your REALTOR® of choice, Vijay Homes Real Estate will:
Provide a detailed comparative market analysis of homes similar to yours in your neighbourhood
Provide information on how to set a market price for your home
Getting the Property Ready for Listing:
Do you want to get more for your home? That power lies in your ability to make your home as attractive as possible to buyers. A qualified REALTOR® can offer suggestions to make your property attractive by highlighting the latest consumer trend in demand. The following are a few suggestions:
- Upgrading the Property by Painting – Interior and Exterior
- Cleaning the windows inside and out
- Removing odours
- Home Repairs
- Highlighting space in a positive manner
- Organization of closets and rooms
- De-cluttering suggestions
Sometimes we use a professional Staging Service that can dramatically increase the value of your home. The objective of Staging is to increase home market value or price. In many cases Staging involves “depersonalizing” a home and it is always done with your approval. An accredited Home Stager will follow professional guidelines in preparing your home for sale.
BUYER MARKETING STRATEGY:
There are various marketing steps we put in place, including “For Sale” signs, online listings, flyers and variations on the open house concept. These market tools, with a perfect plan can get the best results. An experienced REALTOR® who understands how your property fits into current market will help sell your property at the best price and in the least amount of time. As your REALTOR®, Vijay Homes will:
- Design a marketing plan as per your needs and requirements
- Create effective advertising in flyers, journals and on-line
- Contact qualified potential buyers within our database and buyers of other agents
- Create professional marketing materials and distribute them effectively to accredited cooperating offices
- Distribute flyers and relevant information to the local community about the property
- Weekly updates to you with comments from visiting buyers
Receiving an Offer:
You’ve received a written offer – now what? should you accept? Not all the offers are equal but the answer is deceptively simple — when you are satisfied with every aspect of the offer, accept. However, arriving at the point of acceptance can be a thought provoking task and that’s where your real estate agent’s expertise comes in handy. A REALTOR® will determine if the offer is worth considering. We consult with you and advise you if the offer is written according to accepted practice, covering all essential areas including Legal Contract details: Legal description of the property, Offering price, Amount of the deposit, Financing arrangements and timing, A list of fees and who will pay them, Inspection rights and possible repair allowances, Clauses that place restrictive conditions on the value of the offer, A list of chattels and fixtures that stay with the home, The closing date and other time related conditions. If there is something in the offer that doesn’t satisfy you, counter offers or negotiations can also be presented to help get you what you want.
NEGOTIATING THE OFFER: All offers to purchase involve some level of negotiation. The process may require practical communicating skills and market strategy. In dealing with this aspect of the real estate transaction it is essential that you have a REALTOR® experienced in negotiating with other REALTORS®. A REALTOR® will save you money and time.
Points of negotiation may include:
- Home inspection results – responsibilities
- Historic details concerning improvements to the land
- Appliances and fixtures (fixtures and chattels)
- Time – Irrevocability
- Closing and occupancy time frame
- Tax liabilities
- Restrictive conditions that may or may not be acceptable
7 – SIGN, SELL AND PRE-CLOSING PREPARATION
You’ve sold your house but are you finished? You have a list of things that must be accomplished prior to closing. Ways in which an Experienced REALTOR® can help you include:
- Coordinating any actions needed to finalize the sale
- Creating a time frame for repairs and improvements
- Notifying Mortgage brokers and Lawyers and forward documents to them
- Locate a new home for you quickly!
Ready for the Big Day?
A few days prior to closing you will want to contact your lawyer to make sure all paper work is in order. Additionally, you’ll make arrangements for your move. (If you need help, please ask about our Relocation Service.) A REALTOR® can be a big help during this time.
An experienced REALTOR® can help assure a quick and easy closing by:
- Coordinating the necessary documentation with your solicitor
- Communicating with the mortgage company